Grandland x Hybrid 2020 Recalls

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
s28drh

Post by s28drh »

I purchased the Grandland X hybrid in September 2020. Now on my third recall. The first two went fine but unfortunately the third has been a total disaster. The first recall was minor, the second was a replacement A/C motor. The third was a wiring harness replacement , new battery charging unit and software update. This is were the fun began as I received a phone call that informed me that after the update etc the car was now totally disabled and undriveable with various warning lights illuminating the car interior and they would have to contact Vauxhall to seek assistance and so no car that day and I would have to wait to the next day for a loan car. Today came and a phone call from the dealer informed me that Vauxhall had said I need a new traction battery. This is now on back order from Germany which means it could be 3 to 4 weeks before I get my car back. I know I should be grateful but now in a manual Corsa which is a bit of a come down

Valer

Post by Valer »

There's a perfect storm brewing at the moment,
new tech being rushed into production to try and quickly get the planet green and a shortage of parts plus transport issues due to covid and brexit,
i fear the pain may have only just begun :roll:
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
Unclecuddles

Post by Unclecuddles »

Did they sort it?

Mine went in for its first service, they also applied the 4 recalls but when I got it back the radar / collision detection system came up as faulty with a light on the dashboard. Went back in the following week and they have now had it for over a week. Sounds like they don't know how to sort it. Anyone else had this issue?
Ricom831

Post by Ricom831 »

My car suddenly stopped working in the driveway and had to be dragged on a trailer and taken 100miles away to a dealership... that was 3 weeks ago and it's still not been looked at (they have one available ramp and another failed hybrid on the ramp).

I have had a hire car for 3 weeks now but the worst part is Vauxhall who could get my car fixed locally on time. The customer service is appalling and it was only when I went on twitter that they actually made an effort to help out.

Anyway, i hope you get the car back soon - I'm not expecting to see my car this year!
Unclecuddles

Post by Unclecuddles »

They had mine for 2 weeks and were unable to clear the fault (collision detection faulty). They said they were waiting for Vauxhall technical support to help them as the wiring diagram they had did not match what was in the car (same excuse every time I called) but after 2 weeks in a Corsa courtesy car I had to ask for it back and told them to give me a call when they had a solution. Said it was probably caused by a software upgrade applied as part of the recalls.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post