Road sign/ speed recognition

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
kristoferscoular93

Post by kristoferscoular93 »

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have recently purchased a Grandland X, I have 2019 Design line trim. I am hoping someone can help me with this,
The grandland x comes with road sign recognition/detection and is supposed to dectect road signs using the front camera and display the speed limit on the dash, my issue is it dose not pick up the signs all the time and when it does it only displays for a few seconds and then changes back to the sign with 3 dots in the middle. Before switching to the Grandland X I had an Astra K and that was equipped with the same kinda system and worked perfectly. After contacting the dealer I was given the excuse that the car was designed to work ok European roads and struggles to pick up road signs in the UK. Has anyone else had this problem the the Grandlan X

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi kristoferscoular93 and Welcome to the forum.

I have a 2018 68 plate car and my Speed sign recognition works fine. It sounds like your isn't functioning correctly. I would advise you take it back to the dealership as this shouldn't be happening it might just need a software update. Some dealerships are not as knowledgeable about the newer PSA cars compared to the older GM models.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

This sounds like a problem for the dealer to fix under warranty.
All that harmonisation with EU and use of BS(EN) standards must have passed him by.
I wonder how they spell STOP in Greek?
From the manual: -
Using the camera at the top of the windscreen, this system detects and reads speed limit and end of speed limit signs.
If your screen and camera lens is clean, then you have a fault. It may be worth going to ‘My Vauxhall’ on your PC to verify there are no firmware updates outstanding
In UK, I use my MEM double-tap all the time to keep points off my licence.
2020 Hybrid 4
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Perhaps the windscreen has been replaced prior to your ownership & not been setup or calibrated properly. The windscreen glass on my MY2019 Grandland is marked "Saint-Gobain Sekurit".
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Tickhillblue

Post by Tickhillblue »

mine works ok on UK roads but I have just got my Grandland and updated the infotainment software
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

My Elite was delivered in April '19 and the speed sign recognition has worked perfectly since new. Software updated and still perfect. In fact I think it's one of the more impressive features given that the signs around here are so dirty that I can hardly read some of them. Useful with the "MEM" button for the speed limiter and cruise control.
Scony

Post by Scony »

Hi only just joined and need help I have a 2023 ultimate and need help using the road sign recognition system how do you get it to work???
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Scony wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:42 am Hi only just joined and need help I have a 2023 ultimate and need help using the road sign recognition system how do you get it to work???
Think there was another post on the newer Grandlands in here so maybe do a search for it, but this feature, as you have the pure panel display dashboard, I think it went something like this "The speed sign recognition is captured but only displayed momentarily and does not stay on"

older versions and like mine it reads the sign as soon as seen and then displays it in the middle small dash screen, only the ... dots are displayed when it can't see a sign or nothing is detected.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post