spanner and engine fault light

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Sandra1109

Post by Sandra1109 »

Hi there
I have a 2018 model which I’m currently having problems with. I have a spanner and engine fault light on permanently since the first lock down. It was recently diagnosed as needing a new lamba sensor but this turned out not to be the case. I’ve now been told it could be an electrical fault as the car doesn’t stop when waiting at lights etc. Also the emissions were only just under the pass rate needed for an MOT. Can anyone help advise me of this. I don’t want to be stung by the garage as I’m a single female.
Thank you in advance

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Sandra1109 and Welcome to the forum.

How did the dealership diagnose it was the Lambda Sensor ? Was your car connected to a computer or Diagnostic machine to check for faults ? If it was and this was found to be the fault did they clear the codes as if they didn't it might still show a fault. Also is it a Diesel or Petrol model?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Sandra1109

Post by Sandra1109 »

It was connected to the computer and yes they did clear the fault but it came back straight away. It is a 1.2 petrol
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It could potentially be a faulty Lambda sensor as this can happen even if replaced but if not then it will need to be connected to the computer again. Is your car still under warranty ? If not it might be worth contacting Vauxhall customer care who might be able to help.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post